We’re in the thick of summer, Canada! One of the things we love doing at this time of the year is to get outdoors and to fire up the barbecue! So many meals can be cooked up on the barbecue to tantalize taste buds, and turkey can take the flavour of any meal to the next level. Canadian Turkey can show you how to elevate your grilling game with their BBQ Bootcamp! They are sharing ideas to see how turkey can get you to gather around the grill in a delicious way!
Photo Credit: Canadian Turkey: Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde BBQ Bootcamp is in session
Canadian Tukey’s BBQ Bootcamp has with recipes, guides, videos, and tips to give you a hand to cook amazing dishes on the barbecue whether it is for entertaining guests or to escape the confines on your kitchen. On their website you can find easy-to-prepare and healthy dishes to prepare and serve.
Each week in July, Canadian Turkey has released new video packed with tips and techniques to get you master the grill and make those family favourite recipes you enjoy creating! Want to check out the entire series of videos? You can get ahead of the BBQ Bootcamp class by clicking here!
Turkey is a perfect grilling partner
Do you know how Canadian turkey makes the perfect partner for summer grilling? It is a low-fat, high-protein meat that is great to cook. Getting outside and creating a healthy meal with turkey is a great way to enjoy these few months of warm weather and to gather your loved ones together.
Think you can’t fire up your grill on busy nights and gather everyone together to eat? Think again! The barbecue allows for outdoor chefs to prep multiple ingredients at the same time. This is due to the grill having different heat zones. These spots give you the ability to cook your main dish, side dishes, and even desserts all in the same place. Cooking your meals this way is a real time-saver and creates less mess to deal with once your meal is done, making it a go-to wingman!
A healthy and easy protein to prep for the grill
Are you looking for a nutritious and quick to prep protein to cook up on your grill? Turkey is a fabulous option to choose! The white and dark cuts of this fantastic fowl are lean, so you can breathe easier when you give your family their choice cuts. Turkey’s lean fat content also helps to reduce flare-ups on the grill. The rich and hearty flavour of turkey is also perfect for the barbecue.
This tasty protein can be substituted to your family’s favourite BBQ dishes like burgers, kebobs, and sausages. All of these suggestions are made even tastier when they are made with Canadian turkey! Take a look at their Prep and Serving section to find more helpful tips to use!
Creating a flavourful combination on the barbecue
Want to enhance the flavour of turkey on your barbecue this summer? Try creating a flavour combination of turkey with family favourite sauces, rubs, and marinades! Turkey pairs with all kinds of flavour profiles – spicy, sweet, savoury, or salty. Imagine using this dynamic duo for all of your grilling opportunities this season!
The BBQ Bootcamp can give you ideas to create these tasty pairings. Canadian Turkey is hosting activities throughout July with their BBQ ideas and weekly giveaways to inspire to grill throughout barbecue season. Want a sneak peek? Check out these 5 Ways to Create Big Flavours with Turkey on the Grill video as a part of Canadian Turkey’s BBQ Bootcamp!
Is your curiosity peeked as to the types of marinades you can try with Canadian turkey? Have a look at these 10 Ways To Master Marinades to get started!
Photo Credit: Canadian Turkey: 10 Ways To Master Marinades How to build flavour with turkey on the grill?
Not sure how to create extra flavours to add to turkey on the grill? Canadian Turkey has tips to help get you started and to gather your gang together! They have shared with us 11 ways to build big flavour on the grill to inspire your meals and to wow your taste buds.
11 Ways To Build Big Flavour With Turkey On The Grill: Before the grill
1. Be patient and take the time to preheat your bbq for the best results.
2. Prep your turkey meat for the grill. Remove from the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before cooking to allow the meat to come to room temperature. Dry the meat off with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. This will promote an even sear and avoid steaming the meat.
3. Use dry and wet rubs to season your turkey cuts. Turkey marries well with a wide variety of herbs and spices, so feel free to experiment with your favourite combinations to enhance taste and texture.
4. Preheat your grill to hot so that food will sear on contact. Searing will lock in those flavourful juices and help to avoid sticking which can lead to charring.
Make sure to season your meat first, so that the sear will create a flavour-packed crust.
5. Marinate your cuts to add big flavour and help to keep your turkey moist and juicy. Infuse flavour into your meats by marinating with healthy fats like olive oil, and adding citrus, beer, wine or vinegar and fresh herbs, spices and rubs.
On the grill
6. Learn to use direct and indirect heat. Direct heat works best to sear turkey, develop savoury crusts on your cuts, create flavourful grill marks, and cook smaller or thinner cuts of meat quickly. Indirect heat works for larger cuts of meat that need to cook low and slow, coaxing out flavours while keeping cuts moist and tender.
7. Smoke and sizzle mean big flavour! Use the barbeque to brown your turkey and create caramelization that adds big, bold flavour and keeps your meat juicy and tender. Smoke adds that unique and special BBQ taste, allowing you to cut down on salt, sugar and fat.
8. Know when your meat is done! Use a meat thermometer to check doneness and avoid overcooking or undercooking your turkey.
9. Leave it alone! When cooking over indirect heat, leave your turkey cuts alone without turning or flipping very often to allow for even cooking and browning.
10. Cook your entire meal on the BBQ – appetizers, side dishes, vegetables and even desserts can be cooked over the grill. Cooking entire meals on the grill will give you juicy meat and tasty vegetables. Grilling locks in moisture and adds natural smoky flavour, cutting down on the need for extra fat, salt and sugary sauces. Visit thinkturkey.ca to explore a library of amazing grilled turkey recipes!
11. Don’t crowd the meat! When grilling your turkey, leave space between the turkey pieces to promote even heat circulation and ensure consistent cooking.
A turkey recipe to gather around the grill for!
Now that you have all of these tasty tips to get your gang gathered around the grill, do you want a yummy recipe to try? Canadian Turkey shared their Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde recipe to wow your guests this summer!
Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde Recipe Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde Print Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde Course Main Course Cuisine Canadian Keyword bbq turkey meal Prep Time 1 hour Cook Time 50 minutes Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes Servings 6 people Ingredients Ingredients: For turkey breast: 1 X 3 lbs boneless skinless Canadian turkey breast Salt and pepper to taste For marinade: 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp dried ground oregano 1 tbsp dried ground coriander seeds ½ cup chopped parsley 3 cloves garlic crushed 2 tbsp red wine vinegar ½ cup white wine or beer 1 tbsp honey For rub: 1 tsp ground coriander seed 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp ground pepper For Salsa Verde: ½ cup flat leaf parsley ½ cup cilantro ½ cup chopped green onion ¼ cup fresh oregano Zest of one lemon 1 clove garlic crushed 2 tbsp lemon juice ½ cup olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Instructions Combine all ingredients to make the marinade. Pour marinade over the turkey breast in a non-reactive bowl (glass, ceramic or stainless steeand refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to overnight. When ready to grill, remove the turkey breast from the marinade and wipe off any excess. Discard any remaining marinade. Combine all spices and herbs to make a rub. Rub generously all over the turkey breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the turkey breast over medium heat, with the lid closed, 15-20 minutes per side, until cooked through and no longer pink and a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°Let the meat rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing. For the salsa, combine all ingredients in a mini blender or chopper. Pulse until roughly chopped. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve sliced turkey immediately with salsa on the side. Notes TIP: For a make ahead tip, freeze the turkey breast in the marinade in a freezer safe bag or container. The marinade will keep the turkey meat juicy and moist. When ready to eat, just defrost and proceed from step 2. More tips and ideas to try to gather around the grill!
Would you like more tips, recipes, and HOW TO’s to get grilling with Canadian Turkey’s BBQ Bootcamp? You should visit thinkturkey.ca for all your cooking inspiration! The Get Grilling recipe section shares delicious recipes to try on the barbecue. Do you know what brining or spatchcocking a turkey is all about? The Whole Turkey HOW TO’s section has instructional and recipe videos to help you make delicious meals all summer long. These tips should make it easy for you to gather around the grill!
Gather Around the Grill with Canadian Turkey.
Disclaimer: This post is generously sponsored by Canadian Turkey.
A Canadian Turkey BBQ Bootcamp Giveaway! Photo Credit: Canadian Turkey: Brazilian Style Grilled Turkey Breast with Salsa Verde
Do you love gathering around the grill? Canadian Turkey would like to give one lucky Ottawa Mommy Club follower a $75 Amazon e-Gift Card!
The ARV of this prize package is $75!
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on August 16th, 2019.
If there are any issues with this giveaway, please email us at email@example.com.
To enter more awesome OMC giveaways, click HERE!
Rules: Open to Canadian residents 18 +. You have 48 hours to reply by email once you are notified as the winner. If you don’t, we will draw another entry. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted. The selected winner must correctly answer a mathematical question in order to win the prize mentioned above. Please note that prize fulfillment takes up to 30 days. The Ottawa Mommy Club is not responsible for prize fulfillment and for the delivery/shipment of the prize(s) mentioned above. For our complete set of rules, please click here.
Powered by PromoSimple.
The post Gather Around the Grill with Canadian Turkey! #TurkeyOnTheGrill #Giveaway ~ CAN 08/16 appeared first on Ottawa Mommy Club.
#GatheringAroundTheGrillWithCanadianTurkey #SponsoredPost #Food #Tips #11WaysToBuildFlavourWithTurkeyOnTheGrill