A DIY concrete heart candle holder is ideal for creating a romantic atmosphere, especially when hosting an outdoor party or intimate gathering on Valentine’s Day. Read on to discover how to craft your own concrete heart candle holder in five easy steps.
A DIY concrete heart candle holder is a handcrafted candle holder made from concrete and shaped like a heart. It’s practical for holding tealight candles in place and protecting the surrounding area from any wax or fire that may be created by the lit candle.
Although the concrete candle holder can be used both indoors and outdoors, it’s especially suitable for exterior use since concrete is sturdy, durable, easy to clean, requires minimal upkeep, and withstands various weather conditions. Thanks to the heart pattern, the concrete candle holder is decorative, particularly in romantic settings such as Valentine’s Day.
Concrete heart candle holders are creative DIY cement projects that require little skill; the most challenging part is making concrete mix by following packaging instructions. This guide describes the supplies and step-by-step instructions for making a DIY concrete heart candle holder. It contains images, a video guide, and more tips and tricks to improve your design. The project takes about 24 hours to complete since you must wait for the cement to dry.
- Heart-shaped silicone mold
- DIY fine particle cement
- Bowl for the cement mixture
- Spoon for the cement mixture
- Tealight candle
- Cooking oil
- Sticky tape
How do I craft a DIY concrete heart candle holder?
Follow these step-by-step instructions to craft a DIY concrete heart candle holder:
- Prepare the materials: Apply oil on the inside of the silicone mold and the outside of the candle, covering the entire surface.
- Make the concrete mix: Pour water and fine particle cement powder into a bowl according to the packaging instructions. Mix thoroughly to prevent clumps.
- Prepare the candle mold: Pour the cement mix inside the silicone mold or add it with a spoon to prevent splatter, taking care not to fill the entire mold since you need room on top. Next, tap the mold on the side to remove air bubbles.
- Make the candle shape: Sink the candle in the wet cement, stopping right before it reaches the brim. Next, secure the candle with sticky tape to keep it in place. Allow the cement to dry overnight, check the results, and wait one more night if necessary. To speed up the drying process, move the mold next to a heat source.
- Finish the candle holder: Remove the dry concrete from the silicone mold and the candle from the concrete. Your DIY concrete heart candle holder is now ready!
Watch this video guide to better understand the process behind making a DIY concrete heart-shaped candle holder:
More tips and tricks
Check out the following tips and tricks for improving or changing your DIY concrete heart-shaped candle holder:
- Try different shapes: Use different molds to craft candle holders in various shapes, such as circles, stars, or doves.
- Create a polished look: Use sandpaper to smooth out the concrete’s edges or rough parts.
- Add color: Paint the candle holder with masonry paint for a colorful project.
This concludes our article on how to craft a DIY heart-shaped concrete candle holder. It’s a beginner-friendly craft to integrate into romantic home decorations. Check out more Valentine’s Day decorations for more inspiration.
The post How to Craft a DIY Concrete Heart Candle Holder for Valentine’s Day in 5 Easy Steps appeared first on DIYs.com.