- 1-2lb whole Tilapia, scored
- 2 medium size Ginger, julienne
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fill your steamer with water and boil it on high heat
- In a glass pan, place your whole scored tilapia
- Season tilapia inside/outside with salt and pepper.
- Stuffed half of the julienne ginger inside the tilapia and the other half on top
- Place the tilapia pan in the steamer and steam for 20minutes (time may vary depending on the thickness of the glass pan)
- While the tilapia is steaming, make your soy sauce mixture
- Once tilapia is finish steaming, run the tip of the knife over the tilapia to test if it is flakey/cooked
- Carefully remove the glass pan from the steamer and spoon soy sauce mixture inside the tilapia and over the top
- Serve tilapia over a bed of rice or clear noodles. Don’t forget to pour the excess sauce over your rice/noodles!