Here we are talking about a delicious risotto with chicken and mushroom. For all Italian recipes lovers . For the best Italian taste.
Risotto is a very popular Italian dish of rice cooked in stock with other ingredients such as meat and vegetables. Here I made the recipe with chicken and mushroom for a rich flavour in each spoon you tasted from the dish. You can cook it with just mushrooms , or with chicken for more rich flavour.
What is Risotto:
Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
The most important thing while cooking risotto is patience. The slower you cook it , the most delicious taste you will have.
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy it as I do.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Level : Medium
Serve: 6 persons
- 400 gram mushroom
- 750 gram boneless chicken breast
- 2 cup rice
- 6 cup chicken soup.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion.
- 1 cup orange juice.
- 1 limon.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese ( optional )
- Soak the chicken breast in a water and 2 tbsp lemon sauce (optional). I love to to soak the chicken in lemon because it gives it a beautiful smell while cooking it.
- Cut both the chicken and the mushroom into small cubes and set aside.
- Cut the garlic cloves into tiny pieces.
- Squeeze both orange and lemon to get juice ( it is about 1 cup, if the orange is small add the needed number of oranges till you fill all the cup)
- On a pot add the chicken soup, and keep it on a high heat till it is boiling.
- Soak the rice into water for just 5 minutes ( if you keep it more it will be too starchy.
If you want to make the risotto with just mushroom, you just can skip this step and jump into the main recipe direction below.
- In a medium pan add butter and half of the garlic, and stir till its colors become golden.
- Then immediately add the chicken cubes into the same pan and sparkle black pepper on it.
- Keep stirring for a while, till it is cooked. (it will take 10 minutes till the chicken is cooked)
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil and immediately add the onion and keep stirring till the onion colors becomes golden.
- Put the mushroom with 3 tbsp butter with all the species.
- Then add the cooked chicken and keep stirring for 10 minutes.
- On a low-heat put the rice and mixed it well together.
- Then we add the orange juice. Keep on stirring, till the rice absorbs all the juice.
- Dont give up you still have energy for more stirring : )
- On a low-heat begin to add the soup spoon by spoon, be carful dont add next spoon till the rice absorbs the previous spoon of soup. While the rice is absorbing the soup you have to keep on stirring, so all the rice cooked well.
- Garnish it with parmesan cheese.
- Serve when it is hot.
- While cooking the most importing thing is patience. And you need to keep stirring while the risotto is cooked, so all the rice grain are cooked well.
- You have to cook the risotto in a large pot, as the rice will increase in size. So it wont fall out of the pot.
- While adding the soup spoon by spoon, check if the rice is cooked or not. Add more soup or less according to your rice type, it may differ from type to another.
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is day ie used for general nutrition advice.