Ingredients (For 15 cutlets)
1. Potato 3 medium, boiled and mashed completely
2. Oil 1.5 tbsp
3. Onion 3/4 cup, finely chopped
Ginger and garlic 1.5 2 tsp each, minced
Green chilies 2, minced
4. Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder 3/4 tsp (optional)
Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
5. Carrot 1 small, grated (Around 1/3 cup)
Beetroot 1 small, grated (Around 1/3 cup)
6. Salt To taste
7. All purpose flour 1/3 cup
Water As required
Salt 1 pinch
8. Plain bread crumbs 1 cup
1. Heat oil in a kadai over medium-high heat. Add onion, a pinch of salt, ginger, garlic, green chillly and saute until onion turns light golden. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala powder. Cook for a minute over low heat until their raw smell completely disappears. Add grated carrot and beetroot. Mix well. Sprinkle 1 2 tbsp water and mix well. Cover and cook for a few minutes until done. Add mashed potato, salt and mix well. Cook for a few minutes until mixture is dry. Switch off.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all purpose flour, water and little salt. Make a medium thick batter.
3. Make small balls out of the vegetable filling and flatten them. Dip each one in maida batter and then in bread crumbs. Deep or shallow fry in oil until brown, over medium heat. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with tomato ketchup or onion salad/challas.