This recipe is another quickie which can be prepared when you have no time and also if you are feeling a little lazy. I am a big fan of dried fish since I was kid. I would in fact prefer dried fish over any other non-vegetarian dish. My mother would usually prepare this by just deep frying the dried fish in oil but I did a little improvising and my mother loves my recipe more now.
I usually have this with Ganji or Rice Porridge.
- Dried Sole fish (or any other dried fish) 7-8
- Chilli Powder 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric powder Half Tbsp
- Pepper powder Half Tbsp
- Salt To taste
- Coconut Oil To fry
- Curry leaves One stem
- Peel of the skin of the fish
- Wash and soak in water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and add Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Pepper powder and salt and let it marinate for an hour.
- Take coconut oil in a pan and let it heat. Meanwhile chop and add the curry leaves to season the oil.
- Now fry the fish in the oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Always peel the fish before washing it as it makes the peeling easier
- While cleaning also remember to remove any uncleaned guts (they appear to be black things on the ventral side)
- The frying should make the fish crisp and crunchy
- Be careful while adding salt as the fishes are already salted heavily and dried in the sun